Mindfulness and meditation to alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression, to overcome addictions and to increase relaxation, concentration, and focus.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) provides you with effective skills for tolerating emotional distress, managing painful emotions, overcoming emotional reactivity, and increasing interpersonal skills.
Psychoanalytic therapy provides insight into unconscious repetitive patterns of dealing with conflict. Relational psychoanalysis focuses on removing the obstacles that interfere with loving and satisfying relationships.
- Develop insight about how to change ways of coping developed in childhood and adolescence.
- Change habitual self-protective defensive reactions
- Identify emotional triggers
- Overcome conflicts that interfere with love and work
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples counseling
- Medically assisted treatment for smoking cessation, opioid and alcohol use disorders, stimulants and prescription drug misuse
I do independent mental exams (IMEs) and provide expert witness services, depositions, and testimony at trial. I have conducted over 300 IMEs for plaintiff and defense. I specialize in the forensic assessment of PTSD and Trauma and Stressor- Related Disorders. I have testified before congressional committees on the assessment of PTSD in veterans. I have published on the assessment and treatment of PTSD. Please click on the attached CV for more information.
Assessment of mental and substance use disorders for adolescents and adults.
- Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, PTSD and trauma, Bipolar, Psychoses and Personality Disorders.
- Tobacco, marihuana, opioids, alcohol, prescription drugs and stimulants
- Pain, psychological factors affecting health